Re: [Harp-L] Pedal help

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Maurice Thaler <maurice.thaler@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> suggestions for a pedal

I recommend a multi-effects processor like RP355 if you sense that you are
an experimenter, and love to play varied sounds. If you know that you are a
1 or 2 -sound player, one or two pedals (lone wolf, reverb, or echo) will
do.

An RP today may seem like far more than you'll ever want, but it's like a
paint set: you can create new textures year after year with it. Or a box of
great tools you can learn to use in different ways.

I love being the "hammond organ with Leslie cabinet" in the band when there
isn't one. I love an envelope-follower on funky tunes. (Shaft!) I love the
tight, compressed, in-your-face overdrive sound of John Popper in the top
octave on some tunes. Most of all, I like to vary from crunch to clean
sounds.

Less repetitious for me, more entertaining for the audience!

Time invested to set it up?? Sure. Get an RP and buy Richard Hunter's patch
set for it.  http://www.hunterharp.com/store/  It'll put you months ahead
of the experimentation needed otherwise. Just tell him which model you have.

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic!)
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
http://www.youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL