Re: [Harp-L] Playing clean live

Try explaining that to my wife!  Lol

I would really like to try the M160 some time, but not in a rush.  I think
the Fireball and 58 each have their own awesomeness.  Going back to Lee, he
just sounds so punchy and balanced...http://youtu.be/aoF9hTWAXTA

I noticed that the Fireball is much cleaner than that, but the low end
bends to the high end runs respond similar.  On the 58, you get a proximity
effect that makes the bends stand out and sound more aggressive.  It
benefits from compression to limit that.  The FB can use compression as it
is almost too clear at times.

Mickey Raphael can have that tone too, and I think he uses a M160 as well.
 Guys who play close the the Sennheiser 441 can get some of that too.
 Chris Michalek had a similar tone when playing like that.

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
http://www.mikefugazzi.com
Rock Harmonica <http://www.rock-harmonica.com>