Re: [Harp-L] Replacement Reeds Question
- To: j r <jr_parker_jr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Replacement Reeds Question
- From: Vern <jevern@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 17:09:49 -0700
- Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=x-mailer:to:references:message-id:content-transfer-encoding:cc :date:in-reply-to:from:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=+mOwKrYRGI+14vb+/Fhog482pHZAwAQtZcGxAlpaHqU=; b=sQHMX94dxKlWaRY8lc3CxX3r8wjsRYeInlCDpg/ZmZjMavUpBB9oZEaV491MgVEzS +3yW9RWB0GIQMMm/rLfDQ==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; q=dns; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=received:content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :cc:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; b=w8LUyPyGSvlV+gpWKKd0yWR3FPyMdi3F5s4As7Hoc2VtCefl+G2SYOsIjT+lo5UO1 93r4Gj4acRA7lC3hNiu7w==
- In-reply-to: <SNT152-W77C32A732001CA2610342AD04F0@phx.gbl>
- References: <SNT152-W77C32A732001CA2610342AD04F0@phx.gbl>
In most instances you should be able to replace reed plates with those for the same make/model harp. The economics of mass production favor the use of one comb design for different keys of the same make/model harp.
The global scope of your question makes it difficult to give a yes/no answer. Somewhere there could be a contrary case. You don’t give the make/model of the harp in question or even whether it is a diatonic or chromatic.
On May 6, 2014, at 3:35 PM, j r <jr_parker_jr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I have a D harp but want to (for whatever reason) put different key reedplates in (ie. put A reedplates into my D covers), are there any foreseeable problems? I tried to find the answer myself, but couldn't find a post on point. Thanks for any help.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and