[Harp-L] Naiditch Adventure

I'm not, by nature,  a bluegrass devotee, but  I had a visit with  David Naiditch yesterday, hiking into the hills that I assume He owns, although I may be foggy on the ownership, he may actually  be wrong, and  those few thousand acres  MAY be owned by the city of Los Angeles, but, back at home, he played some of the tracks on what I assume is an upcoming album, CD, whatever, and it's going to be really good. It's really annoying, though, because he continues to outpace me in the technique department, and yes, music IS a contest....this stuff is really good. Any chromatic player will enjoy it. Even if you HATE bluegrass, it's going to be worth a listen.

It's further annoying that he only practices in his car, on the way to work, which is not all that far from his home, and is part-time work at that.

This is just wrong.

The Truth:

I may not have all the facts, but while I was outside his home waiting for him, he passed me a dozen times, giving the Untrained Eye the  impression that  he was going around the block over and over (having low self-worth, i assumed he was just waiting for me to leave) ...... when he finally pulled into his driveway, he said "yeah, those last four bars are really hard, but I've got them now"

this is wrong AND obnoxious, and IF he claims his very nice Home Studio as a business expense on his taxes, I'm going to have a word with the IRS come April....

dang, man.. (one word, a  bluegrass term he taught me,  living side by side in harmony with a jazz word.)

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.