Re: [Harp-L] First Time Performing Amplified

Hi, JR

There’s a great deal to know about playing amplified. It is a set of skills you learn - just like learning to play itself. There is a huge variation in tones and styles available and the gear you use/choose affects that, as does your technique. One thing you MUST know is that if a mic is set up at the front of the stage for vocals, and you pick it up and cup it while playing your harp, it will be excruciatingly loud and harsh in the audience - literally to the point of possible pain.

I’ve written a primer specifically on this subject called “All About Harmonica Microphones, and then some” - it is available from my web site as a downloadable PDF file - http://blowsmeaway.com/all%20about%20harmonica%20microphones.pdf

/Greg

http://blowsmeaway.com
http://facebook.com/blowsmeawayproductions

When responding to this email, please include the copy of our previous conversations.