[Harp-L] First Time Performing Amplified

I will be playing harmonica at an open mic night with my bandmate (guitar/vocals.)  I contacted the venue and they don't seem to know much about setting up for harmonicas.  My biggest concern is that the audience can hear me play.  I assume when I get there the sound guy will know what's what, but what do I need to bring with me to make sure it runs smoothly?   Should I get my own harmonica mic?  Anything else?  This is our first performance and I don't want it to fall apart before it starts.  Thanks for any advice.

(This is my first time posting here, so I'll introduce myself.  Born and raised Minnesota, 2/12 years playing harmonica by myself and in jam sessions.  Still trying to figure out my own style.)

-JR