Re: [Harp-L] Is there still a gig list? one more thought...

On Mar 26, 2014, at 12:35 PM, Warren Bee <wbharptime2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am sure that my idea of $$$ for appearing on the list is reaching
> many deaf ears. my recollection is that there were many many gigs posted on
> that list when Danny was in full swing. many were self serving and useless
> many more were awesome dates that people needed to know about. 50
> good listings @.99 each = $49.50. twice a month makes $99.00. for $1200 a
> year this could be a reality that pays for itself. can't be done? ok. I
> sleep every night. maybe a useful dream will appear tonight.

Alright, settle down Mr. Quixote. I think this windmill has already suffered the wrath of our chivalric impulses.  Nevertheless, the story had a happy ending for all concerned. Thankfully, we were vanquished by the Knight of the White Moon and Sancho Panza and the Don are still loyal and faithful friends. :-)

I leave you with an off-topic but nevertheless entertaining quote from Cervantes' masterpiece:

"'Look there, Sancho Panza, my friend, and see those thirty or so wild giants,with whom I intend to do battle and kill each and all of them, so with their stolen booty we can begin to enrich ourselves. This is nobel, righteous warfare, for it is wonderfully useful to God to have such an evil race wiped from the face of the earth.'

'What giants?' Asked Sancho Panza.

'The ones you can see over there,' answered his master, 'with the huge arms, some of which are very nearly two leagues long.'

'Now look, your grace,' said Sancho, 'what you see over there aren't giants, but windmills, and what seems to be arms are just their sails, that go around in the wind and turn the millstone.'

'Obviously,' replied Don Quixote, 'you don't know much about adventures.'”

With Great Affection for SPAH,the harmonica community, and my good friend Warren Bee,

-B

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com