 From: Eliza Doolittle <eliza.doolittle@xxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Introducing myself

Thanks everybody for your welcome here. I hope I'm answering in the right way... I've made a couple of attempts and I'm not sure whether I'm answering to the whole list, or only to one member.

It's been a surprise to me to find Winslow Yerxa is a member of this list. I'd like to say publicly here that I think his book is great, clear and amazingly effective in a field where I had expected that nothing but face-to-face lessons (not available in my town, as far as I know) would do. Thank you, Mr. Yerxa.

Elizabeth, Eliza Doolittle is not my real name... But almost. I'm really called Elisa (that's the Spanish version of the name, which is not considered the short for Elizabeth -Isabel- but a different name). 'My Fair Lady' has always been my favourite film, so I started to be called Eliza Doolittle, after its central character, by my schoolfriends, and by now it sounds to me almost as if it were my real name and not a nick.

See you around the list,

Eliza Doolittle