Re: [Harp-L] Clean Tone Help?

Mike Fugazzi wrote:
<I've been playing with two groups that only play acoustically. I've tried a couple of different rigs mostly to make life easy on them, as neither has <a dedicated sound man and any mixing/adjusting I can do myself is helpful.
<
<Basically, I've used a SM58 to the board or with my regular pedal board. The more I do this, the more I've found that I just want to do the <following:
<
<Use a mic and MAYBE a preamp/eq that sends an XLR to the board. The mic should NOT have a large proximity effect so I can choose to cup it or have it <on a stand. It should sound warm, but clear.

The Audix Fireball V will do exactly what you want for less than $150.  More expensive mics are available, of course, but what's the point?e

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick