Re: [Harp-L] Seydel Orchestra S

Hi Andrew

Yes, I tried/played this harp when I was at the Seydel booth during the Frankfurter Musik Messe.

Not only it looks beautiful ( nice red coloured comb+ coverplates with matte finish) but it plays very well.
It feels airtight, all notes can bend if that's what you want .
For blues players, who are used to play a chromatic harp in 3rd postion it is perfect. But of course it is very well suited for folk music, 1st position songs etc etc.
My wife, who conducts harmonica orchestras in Holland, is considering this as a second choice for some elderly people who 99% of the time play chromatic harp without using the button.
BTW, she's the one who suggested this tuning to Seydel for the Saxony Orchestra and now it is also available as the Orchestra S.

Please feel free to contact me off-list for more details !

Kindest regards/met vriendelijke groeten

Ben Bouman
www.customharmonicashop.com
www.customharmonicashop.nl ( for EU )
www.harmonicainstituut.nl