[Harp-L] RE: Seydel Standard and Suzuki Bluesmaster (and Harpmaster)

The Seydel has brass reeds, which have a mellower sound. It also has bigger
holes that are spaced farther apart.

The Bluesmaster has phosphor bronze reeds, which have a brighter sound. It
has smaller holes with a tighter spacing, such that its 10 holes cover the
same distance as the first 9 on the Seydel.

The Harpmaster... I haven't bought one in awhile. They used to have brass
reeds. But according to the Suzuki website, they now are phosphor bronze. I
can't confirm or deny that, as I haven't bought one in several years. I
suppose they changed the model to use the same reedplates as the
Bluesmaster, in which case the only difference between the two is gonna be
the covers.

I prefer the Bluesmaster over the Seydel Standard. It's a great harp. The
Seydel is good, too.

But for a good deal.... Buy the SET of Bluesmaster. It's a set of 6 harps
(C, G, A, Bb, D, F)

I found it for $143 and free shipping:
http://store.123greetings.com/catalog/product/view/id/103058?utm_source=cpc&utm_medium=google&utm_campaign=sep13&gclid=CJbfv8_5n70CFcWTfgodzwQAiw

Coast2Coast and Amazon have it for 170-180. Everyone else has it for 199.
143 is a steal. That's under $24 each. Best bang for your buck, I think. I
have the same set, which I bought a few years ago for $160.