To: "robert" <harpbob@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Favorite Harp Mic

Hey Bob old friend! The Beyer M-69 It would be sweet for Chromatic. I got
the idea from Mickey Raphael and then did my own research. Its great for
close proximity work, has a frequency range from 50k-15,000k and is very
smooth, its built rugged and hence is on the heavy side. I use it both on a
stand and handheld either through the PA or a small tube amp ('57 Tweed
Champ or Kalamazoo Model 1) where appropriate. I had one stolen by another
harp player a few years back (he then had a heart a attach and died - just
sayin') so I bought a second one. Love it!

Another great choice is the Beyer M160 ribbon microphone which Mickey also
uses as does Lee Oskar. Its a much more fragile mic with less cojones/body
than the M-69 and is a really sweet smooth mic.

My last recommendation is the Edwina, a mic made by Ear Trumpet Lab that
looks as good as it sounds. Its made in Portlandia, Oregon from
organically sourced plumbing parts (I'm only half joking!) and is a side
address, large diaphragm, condenser mic that requires phantom power. I use
a pair to mic my entire 5 piece acoustic band and they work best in a
trad/acoustic music setting where no monitors are used.  I'll be singing
and blowing through one tonight at the Jalopy Theatre in Red
Hook Brooklyn if anyone's around those parts.

Over and out.

--
*Trip Henderson*
https://soundcloud.com/trip-henderson

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM, robert <harpbob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That looks intriguing...Trip, how would this work with chromatic, held
Toots style, for jazz?
Bob

> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 23:54:25 -0400
> From: trip.tunes@xxxxxxxxx
> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Harp-L] Favorite Harp Mic
>
> Beyer M-69
>
> *Trip Henderson*
> https://soundcloud.com/trip-henderson
> https://www.youtube.com/TheWhistlingWolves

---
Dit e-mailbericht bevat geen virussen en malware omdat avast! Antivirus-bescherming actief is.