[Harp-L] "What's that bubbly, underwater sound?"

In last night's open mic, I was able to showcase some of my RP355 sounds,
backing a singer-guitarist.

Now the odd thing is, that the 60-year olds (like me) recognized, and loved
the fast to slow Leslie speaker sounds controlled by the foot pedal. But
the 20-somethings, said "that was a really cool under-water, bubbly sound
you made." (What??)

I thought, hey, we hear that organ sound at the baseball stadium, and the
skating rink! But my wife reminded me... no they don't anymore! (sigh)

Alarmed by the remark, I came home to playback the video I shot, and the
sound WAS as I intended. (Whew) So I will continue to play the Leslie
cabinet effect, even if the younger ones don't know what makes that
"bubbly" sound. <grin>

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic!)
Learn Harmonica by Webcam