[Harp-L] Fw: Sonic Valley Guitar Show in Greensburg on March 23

For some reason my original post of this announcement to harp-l got garbled. The cc I sent to myself did not, so I'm forwarding that for hopefully easier reading. Ain't science wonderful in this digital age?

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: "the_jukester@xxxxxxxx" <the_jukester@xxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Sonic Valley Guitar Show in Greensburg on March 23
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 18:11:48 GMT

     On Sunday, March 23rd, I will be set up as a vendor at the 2nd Annual Sonic Valley Guitar Show, held in Greensburg, PA. The initial event was a tremendous success last year, and I had a great time meeting a number of area musicians and reconnecting with some old friends. I will have numerous harp-related items for sale this year, including a wide variety of harp mics, a selection of vintage harps (including some pre-war models), plus books, mic parts, and CDs. I will also have a small selection of vintage guitars and a variety of amp tubes, speakers, guitar parts, and accessories. I'll be sharing a booth with Barker Amps of Bedford, PA.       A couple of items I'll be bringing that may be of special interest to harp players are: 1) A vintage Sonny Jr. Model  SJ-1 harp amp, and 2) A vintage Echoplex Model EP-2 tape-driven delay unit, designed by Mike Battle and distributed by Market Electronics of Chicago, back in the Sixties.       This SJ-1 amp was one of the first 88 made, and the cabinet is one of the last units with classic tweed covering by the late Sam Hutton, former long-time Fender employee. He worked for Sonny from 1995 to 1998. The original Pyle ceramic speakers have been upgraded to four vintage Jensen P8R 8-inch alnicos, and the amp comes with it's original heavy duty Tuki cover. It also has been expertly lacquered by David Sarge of Engineered Sound, formerly the top Fender repairman for the Cincinnati area. The SJ-1 is one of the first amps ever made specifically for harp, and it sounds fabulous. In Sonny's own words "The SJ-1 was designed for the Little Walter Chess recording sound, and I think we nailed that." The design was based on vintage Masco PA amps and the legendary Danelectro Commando Model 88 "suitcase amp", also issued as the Silvertone Model 1337.       This Echoplex Model EP-2 tube-driven unit is serial number 5885, and comes with 3 tape cartridges, one never used. The original 2-prong power cord has been upgraded to a modern 3-prong grounded type and the line out cord to an amp has been upgraded to a 9-foot heavy duty cable by Whirlwind. With the "Sound on Sound" feature this Echoplex is a great add-on to any amp, for both guitar and harp. It produces that vintage tape delay effect equivalent to the studio tape rigs of the Fifties, like the one used By Sam Phillips at Sun Studios in Memphis, or the one built at Universal Studios in Chicago, which was responsible for the delay on many of the classic Chess recordings of the era, including some of the great instrumentals cut by Little Walter in his prime.       Another item I will be bringing which may be of interest to serious guitarists and/or collectors is a 1960 Gibson ES-125TC single cutaway archtop in near mint condition. This electric-acoustic guitar is stamped with Factory Order number R4785 1, indicting that it was the first in a batch of 40 units of the same model. It has a maple top, mahogany back and sides and a tobacco sunburst finish with minimal surface checking. The neck is mahogany, clean with no dings and has Kluson Deluxe gears, a rosewood fingerboard and low action. Currently set up with John Pearse Jazz light strings, it has a tortoise pickguard and the P-90 pickup sounds fantastic. It was acquired from the original owner, a bass player who bought it new to have on hand at home in case guitarist friends dropped by to jam. It has never seen the inside of a smoky bar. With the original tan Gibson hard case, it's a wonderful axe, perfect for blues, jazz, rockabilly, you name it. All original, except for a vintage nickel strap pin in the neck heel. Rated 9++ on a scale of 10.       The show location is at the Ramada Conference Center, 100 Sheraton Drive, Greensburg, PA. Plenty of free parking is available. All harp players and guitarists in the tri-state area are invited to attend the festivities. Admission is $10 and the show runs from 10 AM until 5 PM. Additional details can be found at www.sonicvalleyguitar.com.   Pete SheridanAuthor, "The Quest For Tone In Amplified Blued Harp"           "Affordable Axes And Cool Amps"           "Wayne Raney, That Hillbilly Boogie Boy With The Talking Harmonica" Jukester's Harmonica SuppliesVintage Harp Mics, plus...www.petesheridan.netthe_jukester@xxxxxxxx

Never Eat This Carb
Literally Never! 1 Easy Tip to Increase Fat Burning, Lower Blood Sugar
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/53275eca6b4515ec95ef5st04vuc