[Harp-L] Harp hygiene?

Ok I need some opinions here. Can you reinfect yourself by playing a harp while sick then playing the same harp later without cleaning in between?Â
I had bronchitis, played my harmonica as my symptoms were waning. 2 weeks later got sick again with sinus, sore throat and cough.
My doctor thinks I played too soon, depositing bacteria which grew in the harp and caused my current ailment.Â
Any opinions or experience with this sort of thing?
Dale