[Harp-L] Richard Hunter's patch set for Digitech RP1000 now available

Hi all,

My latest patch set for the Digitech RP series, designed for the RP1000, is now available for sale at hunterharp.com, and should be available very soon at Rockin' Ron's as well.

This set is based on the Huntersounds v17 set for Digitech RP500, and it's priced the same as well.  You can find out the details at http://hunterharp.com/store.

The RP1000 is a big, heavy beast--10 pounds and 19.5 inches wide.  In terms of sound, it's very, very similar to the RP500, except that it's got a significantly hotter output level, and two external loops, one for an amp (!) and one for an external FX chain.  Regarding the former, if you happen to have a harp amp that you love, you can run it in the Amp loop on the RP1000, and the 1000 will treat it as if it was one of its own amp models--in other words, it'll put your amp into the RP's FX chain and take it from there.  It will treat any pedals you put into the exterior FX loop the same way.  In other words, the 1000 can be used to integrate itself with an exterior amp and FX.  It also has five more footswitches than the RP500, which latter has a (already impressive) total of 9, so lotsa real-time control.  Did I mention the self-contained 40-second looper, with an input for an external loop control pedal?  Sheesh.

I prefer to use my RPs as self-contained one-stops for harp sounds, and I've never had a problem with the output level on any RP, so my personal preference is for the RP500 over the RP1000. (The RP500 is also substantially less bulky, meaning more portable, and less expensive than the 1000, for obvious reasons.)  But if you want the biggest and baddest that Digitech offers, and/or you also want to bring another pedalboard or amp into the picture, the 1000 is your baby.  Check it out at your leisure.

By the way, I'm well down the road to completing my first patch set for the Digitech RP360/360XP, a box that's about half the size and weight of the RP500 with a very similar list of amp/cab/FX models, though far fewer footswitches for real-time control.  If you'd like to amuse yourself with the frustrations I've experienced setting this device up with Digitech's less-than-stellar software, check out the blog at hunterharp.com.  The thing really sounds good, even if the software Digitech supplies for it kinda sucks.  (Well, more than kinda.)

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick