Re: [Harp-L] 12th position

Each position puts the sweet spots (ability to do vibrato as opposed to
tremelo, ability to play with holes with both bent and non bent notes,
ability to play octaves and double stops, low pitches, high pitches, the
list goes on) in different places.  Only by exploring a position can you
really learn how cool it can be.  I learned to play all the styles of music
I can play in all 12 positions.  Many positions were mostly more trouble
than worth, but every position had at least one really cool thing it could
do.
Michael Rubin
michaelrubinharmonica.com