Re: Subject: Blues vs classical - was: Re: Subject: [Harp-L] The name "blues"

On 6/20/2014 11:37 AM, The Iceman wrote:
There have been composers of compositions that have asked the musicians not to play with feeling, but to just play totally mechanically. This was to develop a concept to see how it would turn out.

So the challenge becomes "How can I feel this piece in a mechanical fashion? How do I transform myself into a machine for the x minutes it takes to play this?" Not that different from trying to imagine being betrayed when playing "Whose Muddy Shoes" or alone in the world when playing "Motherless Children".

BB