Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Digitech RP255???? Videos

Me too, Mike. I'd add that jealousy of another player is a sad thing--but
we still see it much too often.

Most of the negative comments seemed to entirely miss the point of J's use
of effects. The song is 'Scratch My Back'. He used a 'chicken scratch' type
of  effect--which worked perfectly for that song. Brendan's comment was
dead on  point.

**IN fact I remember Koei Tanaka using a similar effect to play the  same
tune at SPAH in 2009 - entirely differently from the rest of his set. It  was
cute, whimsical, appropriate and got NO negative feedback.

Here's the 'offending' video and another from the same set. To my ears,
Jason's in fine form, given that it's likely being recorded through a hand
held  camera or device which doesn't pick up sound from speakers all that well,
 especially outdoors(I've run into this many times).

It's still good enough to hear that he's baaaaack, looking healthy; and  as
talented as ever. Good for him!

Jason Ricci with the Blue Rivieras;

Scratch My Back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1h5jSo0G-c