From: Steve Merola <stevemerola@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:42 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Muscle memory versus conceptual awareness

<snip> he
stopped in the middle of the song and asked, "What's the first chord in the
bridge?". I said, "Why?" He told me that I didn't know the song and not to
come back until I could arpeggiate all the chords to the song in time.
<snip>
I cannot, however hard I try, make a chromatic harmonica swing like a jazz
sax or trumpet. I'm ok playing ballads but I think there are only a chosen
few who can play bebop convincingly.
Thanks

<http://hendrikmeurkens.com/>

--