Re: [Harp-L] Muscle memory versus conceptual awareness

In a message dated 16/06/2014 15:19:26 GMT Daylight Time, michael rubin
writes:

<< he talked a lot about transcribing solos note for  note>>

In my humble opinion, that is a way of LEARNING but... It sure isn't jazz.
I know Michael Rubin is already a master of the harmonica.

BUT... "Jazz" or "Blues" is not about playing other folks licks!
"Jazz" AND "Blues" is about feeling the music and playing what is in your
heart and soul... Playing with passion.

Play YOUR music, never copy anyone else!
Just my 2c worth.

John "Whiteboy" Walden,

Just now in bonnie Scotland.