[Harp-L] . "Take the A Train" Question (robert)

> Robert,
> Are you on chromatic?  Pick your easiest key.  Let's say it is F.  On a C
> harp F is 12 position.  Find the harp where C is 12th position.  That would
> be a G harp.  Buy a G chromatic.  Play as though you were playing a C harp
> in F and it will sound like the key of C and be easy to play.

wow, that's kind of a fun answer, cool...I hadn't thought of it....I was never taught positions, on chromatic harmonica, at least...I'm going to ask my teacher for my money back.... oh, yeah, I never paid him....oops...let's not remind him.

All that fine information, and, not only a workable solution, but a boost to the economy, the shopping spree involved, that's patriotic, if he buys American, AND if he wants to go thru ALL the keys........and, for me, a good brain teaser.....

nice.

On Jun 13, 2014, at 10:37 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Robert,
> Are you on chromatic?  Pick your easiest key.  Let's say it is F.  On a C
> harp F is 12 position.  Find the harp where C is 12th position.  That would
> be a G harp.  Buy a G chromatic.  Play as though you were playing a C harp
> in F and it will sound like the key of C and be easy to play.

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.