Re: [Harp-L] Fwd: Identifying woods...

In a message dated 04/06/2014 17:54:41 GMT Daylight Time, 3n037  writes:

<<Since a Marine Band is light and chromatics are dark, I  don't understand
how they could be the same wood?>>
All I know is that 270/280 wood combs SPLIT... again and again.  I  assumed
they are pear wood, because that is what Hohner told me, but in  actuality,
whatever the wood used is it is hopeless for harmonica combs...  IMHO.

In my opinion, the best comb for any harmonica, is something reflective and
 stable... Like plated brass, or stainless steel. Otherwise, plexiglass.

John "Whiteboy" Walden, just now in bonnie Scotland... Longing to return
home to the Philippines.