Re: [Harp-L] Re: When Johnny Comes Marching Home

(Michael Rubin)->"When using a mode of a major scale, the key is now the same name as the new root."

(Winslow Yerxa)->"but it is named for its tonal center, D,"

Is there any situation such that the  "tonal center" or "root" would be ambiguous?

/Neil (" http://thebuskingproject.com/busker/2025/ ")