[Harp-L] Re: When Johnny Comes Marching Home

Why don't I just figure these things out first because I had not previously been transposing between G-minor and the Major scales; I had probably played "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" from some old tabs instead of the real sheet-music and the tabs were not correctly transposed (which seems to be quite common).

According to the actual sheet-music:

In G-Minor:

g  d  g  g  g  a  b  a  Bb,  g  f  f,  d  f  f.

In C-Major (Chromatically Transposed):

C  G  C  C  C  D  E  D  Eb[D#], C Bb[A#] Bb[A#], G Bb[A#] Bb[A#].

Yup, as Winslow has indicated, that is a rough transposition to C-Major.

/Neil (" http://thebuskingproject.com/busker/2025/ ")