Re: [Harp-L] 100 Authentic Blues Harmonica Licks

<<I've transcribed 100's of blues songs and there are more than 25 licks.>>

While there are a plethora of licks, one can learn a dozen or so and through different placement within the bar, small permutation, etc, you can sound really creative all night long.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Harmonicology [Neil Ashby] <harmonicology@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Jun 4, 2014 3:06 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] 100 Authentic Blues Harmonica Licks

I've transcribed 100's of blues songs and there are more than 25 licks.
But who cares?  You like blues or you don't.  What is weird to me is how
Neil Ashby seems to be putting blues down as a lesser form of music.  I
sense Neil is trying to stir up drama.  To me, these kinds of opinions are
like political ideas on facebook.  There has never been anyone swayed by
anyone's else's opinion!  (An obvious exaggeration, but you know what I
mean.) Neil, do you expect a blues lover to say, "I never thought about it
like that before!  That's enough chasing an inferior form of music for
me!"

Probably not going to happen.  However, I am reading this thread
religiously, so a button has been pushed.
Michael Rubin
michaelrubinharmonica.com