[Harp-L] tenor insanity

good point, Daniel....

seems he wasn't really trying on the duo video....

it's not easy to do a duo.... Kenny and Toots had worked it out very nicely

all about money, I'd say.... "we can't afford a drummer and bass player"

Priorities are fun, we all should buy some........ I once, long ago, played at some Latin clubs here and at one, on melrose ave, (memory check... "The Grandia Room")  had a terrible piano..... old and out of tune, much like our trumpet player...

....one friday night, we showed up and the club owner was really excited, and he told us "You'll love the piano now, I had it painted white"

hmm....tune? or Paint???

kind of like those who put stock in fancy after-market cover plates for harmonicas of all denominations, totally useless in creating the sound, but fine for picking up the Imaginary Ladies....
(see IDigGuysWithBrightlyColoredCoverPlates.com)

On Jun 2, 2014, at 4:29 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> So mystery partly solved. We were commenting on two different videos (Tell
> me that Toots' solo wasn't lame on the video I saw and that it wasn't due
> to a pianist that knows nothing about comping.). So how did that link get
> temporarily misdirected? Weird.
>
> Daniel

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.