Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Spah 2014 Blow Off

In all fairness--the Blow-off was never actually SPAH related as far as I
know, was it? When I first began going (during the years they were Jason
Ricci's  BRILLIANT pre-SPAH blow-offs, I either accompanied Bobbie G (and
usually  a couple of others) in her rental car there, or hopped a cab alone or
with some others squeezed in...depending on whether I wanted to  be present
from the beginning--or grab dinner first.

There were a few memorable rides with Bobbie ;) but A  memorable cab trip
was when a few  of us (I hardly knew anyone but him) rushed to get Chris
Michalek to  the 2009 Sacramento blow-off where he was scheduled to go on
'soon' but the driver seemed to be taking the long way around. As we  arrived
Chris had to race out of the cab to make it onstage in time. Lots of fun  and
laughter with a few of us squeezed in. I didn't mind at all picking up  his
fare/tip that day (MY offer as he struggled to get out the money, which  was
delaying him, so we had to tell him to just GO!)because he more than  paid
it back in full with his brilliant performance. That's how it usually  works:
ride-sharing either in cabs or rental cars: all very casual and  friendly.
I realized much later that I probably owe Bobbie a whole lot  of money now
for gas.

This year? Well I guess it'll depend on the lineup. When Jason ran it--it
was a non-miss event for me because his band backed up everyone and I
videorecorded a lot of it.

Elizabeth
PS: To Gordon--it won't only be a 'few' SPAH attendees. The Venue will  be
packed - be assured. Check in at the front desk beforehand once the info is
available and you're bound to see people milling around in groups deciding
how  many cabs, cars, etc. --IF there is no Hotel transportation.

"Message: 1