Re: [Harp-L] What is the loudest 35-pound harmonica amp?

Michael, I have played all the amps you mention and I own a Mission Chicago
32-20 1x12 amp.  (Full disclosure:  I helped design and develop the Mission
amp.)

The Mission is enormously loud, owing in large part to the high efficiency
of the Eminence Cannabis Rex ceramic speaker.  In fixed bias mode with the
Deep switch on the amp really thumps, with a big punchy sound.  It was my
regular rig when I played with a loud band.  Feedback was not an issue for
me, but that depends on so many variables.

>From your list of amps I'd put the Mission at the top for best tone and
volume before feedback.  It is also the best bargain at $1250.

My next choice would be the WEZO Megatone ME-18.  It has a big ripping tone
I really like.

It has been a few years since I played a Kendrick Texas Crude harp amp, and
it was an early example, but I liked the tone and volume. Good feedback
resistance.

The Harpgear HG35 is a very fine harp amp but not as loud or as "big"
sounding as the others.

My Mission 32-20 weighs 34 pounds and is about the size of a tweed Deluxe
amp.  It has a good sounding line out if you need PA support. I've had the
amp for about 4 years and have gigged it over a hundred times.  The sound
samples on the Mission Harp Amp website are Nic Clark playing my amp.
 Check it out.

Have you considered this?  http://www.memphisbluesamps.com/  ;-)

-Rick Davis