[Harp-L] Rhythm Changes Primer

I posted this over on Slidemeister a year ago.   Anyone interested in
Rhythm Changes should check it out:

There's a plethora of material about Rhythm Changes on the internet, but I
would like to share what I think is the clearest most practical discussion
I've ever seen on the subject.  It's by Dr. Mark Watkins of BYU, and its
called "Rhythm Changes, Fundamentals of Jazz Improvisation - What Everybody
Thinks You Already Know!"

http://emp.byui.edu/WatkinsM/applied/09%20Rhythm%20Changes.pdf

It's 28 pages long and ranges from historical context to practical improv
tips. It's not instrument specific either.  Well worth the read.  Learn the
differences and relationships between "I Got Rhythm," "Blue Moon",
"Cottontail", "Anthropology" and "The Eternal Triangle" just to name a few
of the included examples.