[Harp-L] Re: The amazing Hugo Diaz

Many thanks for the note ... Amazon.com in the U.S. appears to have some of his recordings:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_9?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=hugo%20diaz%20tangos&sprefix=hugo+diaz%2Cpopular%2C229&rh=i%3Apopular%2Ck%3Ahugo%20diaz%20tangos
Hope this helps!

Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA
 fmajor7 wrote:
 I discovered Hugo Diaz in the '70s when a dear friend of
 mine sent me a
 cassette of some of his selection. It blew my mind.
 Unfortunately I could
 not find any more recordings of him in Europe until I
 managed to visit
 Buenos Aires a few years ago. I did find one CD. His earlier
 recordings are
 just unbelievable. Thank you for sharing this link.
 Sadly he died in 1977 but a lot of his recordings are from
 the '70s.
 I have heard that an Argentenian film "A los quatro vientos"
 (2007) was an
 homage to Hugo Diaz and contains a lot of his recordings.

 On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:14 AM, Bob Loomis wrote:
 Don't know that I've seen his name mentioned here, but
 he's worth checking
 > out. Heard him Saturday in a tango segment on Art
 Sato's In Your Ear jazz