Re: Re: [Harp-L] TB bending
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Re: [Harp-L] TB bending
- From: Michelle LeFree <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:57:02 -0700
- In-reply-to: <201401151609.s0FG2J4v030577@harp-l.com>
- References: <201401151609.s0FG2J4v030577@harp-l.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.2.0
Tony Stephens wrote:
Thanks guys. Trying to learn more on TB. If I can get draw notes & start to get bends, I may just change for UB to TB. I can always fall back on UB if I have too.
Tony, IMO, that's wrong thinking. You should be able to switch rapidly
and effortlessly between embouchures. Each embouchure has its strengths.
Most players cannot extract all the goodness from a harmonica using a
single embouchure. Most accomplished players will have a favored
embouchure but can easily switch to others as needed. Think toolbox. You
wouldn't use a screwdriver when a wrench is required...
Ronnie Shellist just posted an excellent Youtube video explaining how
and why he switches between pucker & TB:
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and