Re: Re: [Harp-L] TB bending

Tony Stephens wrote:

Thanks guys. Trying to learn more on TB. If I can get draw notes & start to get bends, I may just change for UB to TB. I can always fall back on UB if I have too.

Tony, IMO, that's wrong thinking. You should be able to switch rapidly and effortlessly between embouchures. Each embouchure has its strengths. Most players cannot extract all the goodness from a harmonica using a single embouchure. Most accomplished players will have a favored embouchure but can easily switch to others as needed. Think toolbox. You wouldn't use a screwdriver when a wrench is required...

Ronnie Shellist just posted an excellent Youtube video explaining how and why he switches between pucker & TB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQRiOpI7Hko&list=UU_G2hOC6-8EkPKiasftIxLQ&feature=share

Michelle