[Harp-L] Re: Man with what harmonica?

Arnold wrote:
In this vid Franco is using a C chromatic.
The notes are F Dd E F, tabbed 6B< 5B< 6B 6B<
The key is Bb minor.

Steve responds:
Thanks Arnold, that corresponds to my memory of the piece. I did a recording session for a catfood commercial about 25 years ago where the client wanted the harmonica from this tune. We listened to the original and it was in Bb minor. The slur between the E and the F lays out in the same breath direction on a C chrom and you can even play both notes at once to create that dissonance. Maybe it's for the convenience of the accompanying musicians that the tune was subsequently often played in Am.

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com
www.harmonica-masters.de