Re: [Harp-L] Sad News Cham-Ber Huang
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Sad News Cham-Ber Huang
- From: Emile Damico <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 03:15:14 -0800 (PST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1389525314; bh=nRqRwjgMNXdD0I/2FAjIVFU7OcmParcBO49SbGwcK/M=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=kRAwG1qwSiLIQRgWrNixEe7ryoBwrWpiGeg4jMJJ0xkCYHi0az80p14QQkbJCZYy03et6gYR8zG0tf5OxSxbVIflwnt6XFEaij9VI5zc2lTMrn7aPWhYz2SaOeT0JDIlRtoC8DOoEpe4WVjbGWWsRN0LoSNKE8RXy5RRj8r6nIc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=AuDnvWyoLUZLl3t0yeUUqEuO+wA/jKMJke+PI+ue4XrnPT4SODogGETXzspvMzSEjypen9m8xzObqLDbPacPnQ0bISIQR6Y/6VB5hVyegpm/msDOPJCJ3L/GQv2G9l1EjApv3zOwXax/Hrp82ZewaF2gSm3AQ2l40xtsYsYKsHw=;
- In-reply-to: <213F5B2A-E315-4575-A46C-5230326B0A99@earthlink.net>
- References: <213F5B2A-E315-4575-A46C-5230326B0A99@earthlink.net>
- Reply-to: Emile Damico <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>
Cham-ber was one of the great pioneers as a player and a harmonica builder.
I can remember attending his seminars in NY that Hohner sponsored.
I remember him showing us his silver CBH 2012. He played it
so sweetly. I have a vinyl HiFi record that he plays a Bach flute Sonata.
On Saturday, January 11, 2014 10:44 PM, Rob Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wanted to share this with the list it's an email I just received.
I was fortunate to study with him at The Turtle bay Music School in NYC back in the 70's He worked hard with Robert Bonfiglio and left us one of today's top Virtuoso's of Classical Harmonica. He was also an inventor of amazing Harmonicas we still use todayâ. RIP Mr. HuangââRob Paparozzi
received from John Savas, of the Long Island Harmonica Club, the sad news that harmonica great Cham-Ber Huang passed away on January 10 after a long fight with Alzheimerâs.
DOYLE B. SHAFFER Funeral Home
45 - 09Â Little Neck Pkwy.Â
Little Neck, Queens, New York 11362
Tel: (718) 229 4949Â Â Â (516) 466-8888
There will be one showing this Sunday, Jan. 12,Â ---Â Â 3:00 - 7:00 pm.
A prayer service will be held at 6:00 pm.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and