[Harp-L] Re: Sealing wood comb

I've had really good luck using butcher block finish. The only thing that I've come across is that the oils in certain exotic woods can affect the finish and not allow it to setup properly. Something that I find helpful as well is that after the finish is dry put the comb in the oven on 150 for about 15 to 30 minutes and it will reduce the smell of the finish considerably as well as ensure that it's fully cured. That also works well for dymondwood combs if they have a stronger smell than you would like.

Chris Reynolds
http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com