[Harp-L] Richard Hunter's patch set for Digitech

The more time I spend with my RP355, the more I appreciate the work Richard
has done to get harp players started with effects. If you get an RP, then
buy his patch set, too. You can build all your sounds yourself,  but it
will take HOURS of learning and experimentation.

FOR EXAMPLE
I've been using a multi-effects processor on my live amped harp for more
than 10 years. This time I began creating RP patches in a very minimalist
way. I started without selecting Amps, Cabinets, and EQ, and focused
instead on my favorite sound modifiers: echo, reverb, wah, Leslie Organ,
and envelope-follower, etc.

I had learned from experience with 2 previous processors to create a blank,
zero, silent patch, with no name on it. By copying this into all my (70)
user positions, I start with a clean section of NO SOUNDS. (I think the RP
comes loaded with "guitar" patches in every space of the user section, as
well as the factory presets)

TUBE SOUND
I was getting my "tone" from the Fender Pro Junior tube amp and Green
Bullet mic. Now that I have a solid-state (clean) monitor and full range
Fireball-V mic, I'm interested in Amps, Cabinets, and EQ. (It's quite a
task to re-write each sound with these changes.) You should buy Richard's
RP download. If not, then at least create a generic patch that INCLUDES
these three. You can always tweak later. (And you probably will)

Now is the time to benefit from, and appreciate, Richard Hunter's work,
before his physical conversion to the Cyborg is complete. You won't
recognize him later, and he won't be as much fun to talk to, either.

http://www.hunterharp.com/

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic!)
Learn Harmonica by Webcam