Re: [Harp-L] Digitech RP and USB memory stick

Robert Hale wrote:
<If I lose my patches at a gig, could I upload them from a thumb drive/USB
<stick in emergency?

No. You need a computer running Xedit. However, I've never "lost my patches" on any of my RPs.

That said, Rich Eisenberg wrote:
<I've been having trouble with my Digitech RP355 reverting back to the
<factory resets at gigs.  I made it through a 4 hour session this week, so
<maybe it's ok now.

I've corresponded with Rich about this issue.  In my experience, it's unique, and it's certainly not typical RP behavior. My best guess is that it's caused either by a flaky power supply or by flaky wall power at a gig, which seems likely given that Rich tells me he never has this problem in his own house. (The third option is that the RP itself is somehow damaged.) I had some issues back in my RP200 days with odd behavior that ultimately was resolved with a power supply replacement.  So the first thing I'd try is replacing the power supply. You want one of the power supplies with a red tip.  (Make sure it's an RP supply from Digitech; a common 9V DC power supply will simply burn out the RP.)

Beyond replacing the power supply, keep in mind that the RP is a chip-driven device, and chips don't like uneven power.  I use a power conditioner between the wall outlet and my RP.  It's a multi-outlet device that cost me $80, but I haven't had a power-related problem with ANY of my gear since I got it.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick