[Harp-L] (Diatonic) Harmonica in Progressive Rock or Jazz Rock?

Hi,

I love Progressive Rock (Yes, Jethro Tull) and Jazzrock (Weather Report, piano player Hiromi Uhera, trumpet player Erik Truffaz, guitar player Eivind Aarset... - check out the latest three if you love music and don't know them) or something AOR like Kansas, Journey and so on.

All of that is no music style where harmonica is normally used. Are you aware of (jazz) rock oriented use of the diatonic harmonica [1]? Some of Jason Riccis recordings with New Blood are not really jazz, but IMO great rock recordings. I'd like to hear about more in this direction or something not necessarily blues oriented or influenced (but could be, I also love the Nighthawks or Abi Wallenstein / Blues Culture for example).

Best regards
Peter

[1] I tend to disfavor all chromatic harmonica stuff.