[Harp-L] Re: Bob Loomis, help, please

Sorry to say, Lauren, that the Web harmonica club we had for around 3+ years, SF Bay Harpers, folded. I may try starting it up again this year, but things are pretty busy. Basically, what happened was that the angel who paid the band for playing at our quarterly jam sessions in Martinez was hit hard by the 2008 economic crash and could no longer afford it. When the Web host for the forum where we hung out (not Yahoo, we had moved on to another by then) started charging for their services, that was the end. Too bad, it was great while it lasted. Where do you live? Martinez would have been ideal if by train you mean Amtrak. There's a station there. I could probably revive the Yahoo group (it now exists only to keep our archives alive), but I have no way to pay musicians to back harpers at quarterly jams. I'm about to head off to the Wintergrass Festival, but when I get home I'll take a look at the idea of reviving a regional harp group on Yahoo. Thanks for
 the inquiry!

Bob Loomis
Concord CA
----
Lauren Merryfield wrote:
"I found info on Google about two harmonica clubs joining together in the
East Bay area. Bob Loomis's name was mentioned. The citation was from 2008
so I do not know if the group is still around or not. If so, could Bob
Loomis please get in touch with me about the club/group, where they meet,
when, and their yahoo group info???If they still meet in areas such as
Oakland, Martinez, or Concord, I could probably get there by train."