[Harp-L] Concerning bend impact on reeds

I'm assuming that any kind of bend causes more eventual wear on the reed than play that is free of any bending. I'm also assuming that whole step bends tend to deteriorate the reed faster than half step bends, though I'm also assuming that skillful bends by skilled players are less invasive, less damaging to the reed than wild, "unskilled" bends, since a skillful player tends to need less wind to do the job.

Am I right so far?

I wonder though, since I'm unfamiliar with overblows and overdraws,,

Do overblows or overdraws potentially cause more damage or wear to the reed than simple bends?

What kind of bends can ruin a harp, if performed badly? All? or specific bends.

In other words, if the goal is not only to play well, but also to add longevity to the harp, what is important, as far as bends are concerned? Are there any specifics that can help one avoid sending the harp to an "early retirement"?

I play my harps pretty hard from the get-go, and I've got a whole box of harps lying around "in retirement", waiting for repair. I apologize to them every so often for sending them there, in the "limbo" box. One of these days I'll man up and fix a few of them, when I grow a pair of brass, erm, "reeds".