[Harp-L] Larry Adler's Centennial

Larry Adler did a Gershwin album with George Martin to mark his 80th birthday. I saw him play in Australia, an unforgettable show.

In addition to his signature tone and impeccable execution, his wit and skill as a raconteur were standouts. We were all under his thrall, including the women on stage. Apparently he was a major figure in Hollywood social circles, and once paired with Ingrid Bergman.

To see the master at work, check out the film clip. From the 40's by the look of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seTNZnddggs

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com