[Harp-L] Re: Mic Cartridge

John, you may indeed have a defective cartridge but 'squashed in on  the
top' is actually how these cartridges are produced, they come out  of the
factory with a concave shaped top mesh.  I would look into the  handle of the
mic, you may just have a detached wire or a defective  switch.

Or, it might be 100% ok and is just wired incorrectly for the  cable or
amp/PA input.  The PE54D is essentially the same mic a  Shure 545, almost any
545 cartridge will serve as a replacement. Don't try  to remove the grill, it
is VERY easy to damage a good cartridge  if you don't have experience with
the correct procedure.  The  Shure website has user sheets in the
discontinued products area,  wiring diagrams are shown for your mic

You can buy new replacement cartridges direct from Shure. Greg Heumann  at
'Blows Me Away' might also be able to supply a new one.

Christopher Richards
Twin Tone Microphones
Harmonicaplanet.com

In a message dated 2/8/2014 3:41:03 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,