Re: [Harp-L] (no subject) => First Position and "Country"

I'm really late on this thread, but I'm pretty sure Mickey played 3rd position on the solo for Motley Crue's version of "Smokin' in the Boys Room."

Chris Sprankle
-----
Original Message ----- From: "Michael Rubin"
<michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
<martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 3:58
PM
>Subject: Re: [Harp-L] (no subject)
>

>I forget the album and song but Mickey did a fifth position song.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com

<martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>Bart gives you such an excellent answer and there´s no need to elaborate
on that, but my impression re: Mickey R is that he never plays outside 2
pos. (Disregarding special tuned harps -- but arn´t they as well modified
versions of 2 pos?)

>>There´s a fairly recent album out with Willie and Wynton Marsalis
playing Ray Charles tunes and Mickey takes several solos and from what I
recollect off the top of my head he did´nt stray outside 2 pos for a
single
tune -- even when it would have been rather comfortable to do so (the
minor
stuff, "Hit the road Jack" etc).
>>It surprised me some -- but he
ain´t alone in this firm proclivity.