Re: [Harp-L] First Position and "Country"

Not meaning to steer the conversation away from Irish, but I recently
stumbled upon 'Blackberry Blossom' while fooling around in 12th. I've
attempted this tune in various positions over the years, without much
success. It's the minor B section that has always stumped me. Neither 3rd,
4th nor 5th work for me. 12th, yes. There is no 4th scale not in the
melody, so that removes the need to overblow hole 6 or hit the semi-tone
band on 3 at speed, and the minor part is effectively in 3rd psition, which
works well.
RD