Re: [Harp-L] New Album Attempting to Evolve Blues (versus ROBERT CRAY'S STRONG PERSUADER)

My son is a painter, and at a show of his at a gallery in Brooklyn, I overheard 2 guys talking about one of his pieces, a very large and complex painting.

"I think it's evolutionary, not revolutionary," one of those guys said.
"I don't know if it's evolutionary or revolutionary," said the other.  "But when you're standing in front of it, it sure packs a hell of a punch."

That's what I listen for first--does the music make an impression?  Does it sound like they mean it?

I think the RGBand's music sounds like they mean it. As to whether it's an evolution, I dunno.  I heard a lot of what I think of as traditional blues in there.  But you know, when you're standing in front of them, I bet they pack a hell of a punch.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick