[Harp-L] (no subject)

Bart gives you such an excellent answer and there´s no need to elaborate on that, but my impression re: Mickey R is that he never plays outside 2 pos. (Disregarding special tuned harps -- but arn´t they as well modified versions of 2 pos?)

  There´s a fairly recent album out with Willie and Wynton Marsalis playing Ray Charles tunes and Mickey takes several solos and from what I recollect off the top of my head he did´nt stray outside 2 pos for a single tune -- even when it would have been rather comfortable to do so (the minor stuff, "Hit the road Jack" etc).

  It surprised me some -- but he ain´t alone in this firm proclivity.

Cheers,
/Martin