[Harp-L] New Album Attempting to Evolve Blues (versus ROBERT CRAY'S STRONG PERSUADER)

pardon my honesty.

i did not hear anything in the sound clips even remotely resembling an effort to evolve the blues.

As long as most of the chords are one, fours and fives, and predictable chord progressions and instrumentations, etc how can that be called evolution?

To me the album that evolved the blues (by using solid songwriting and lyrics) was the STRONG PERSUADER album by robert cray.

Classic album, though i understand he did not do another one like it because blues nazi’s derided the album and said it was not BLUES.

Keep in mind, i only listened to the sound clips so my perception may be distorted……)

Begin forwarded message: