Re: [Harp-L] Reed Polishing

Hey Joe,
That's a great question.

The higher pitch reeds from 8-10, tend to snap at about the 1/3 mark from
the rivet.
In other words, when they snap, they snap at that point.

Reeds in the 4-6 slots don't tend to break.   They just go flat.

However, it looks like the failure happens between the 1/4 mark and the
reed base.
I figure this based on the crease in the reed.  In other words, if I plink
it, it will angle up at a point
close to the rivet.

*Greg Jones*
*16:23 Custom Harmonicas*
*(210) 445-6600*
Web Site:        1623customharmonicas.com

Seydel Repair:  http://1623customharmonicas.com/repair-services/