[Harp-L] A=432 +-

I've heard that approaching playing with Other People with the goal that it's a big part of your role  to make the Other People sound good, is likely the best way to approach group playing. I think I might give that a try next year.

It's not always possible, though, and with that now-infamous String Band, it'd be impossible without retuning... You might consider fighting fire with fire and just using an instrument a half step lower, without mentioning it, and tell them that "it's even more authentic and Traditional sounding down here", asking them to lower their pitch......

I'm not a string player, but I did have a Ukulele from Sears and Roebuck when I was six, and, as i remember, at a certain point, overly-lowered strings just flop around and don't make any sound at all, which, my dad said, was a blessing.

jk

Of the instruments that I own, only the harmonica comes in so many keys, costs so little, and has room for magnets.

http://jonkip.com