Re: [Harp-L] A-432

I forget what it's marketed as in the US, but I use 'Blu-Tak' to tune down:
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22Blu+Tack%22&espv=2&biw=1745&bih=893&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yi-aVO_9JYak8QWikYHgCA&ved=0CDYQsAQ
I think it was Brendan Power from whom I got the idea.  It's permanently
soft, sticky, plastic (?) putty. If you want the reed back to it's original
pitch, you just remove it.
I've got harps that have knocked around in my case for years with this
stuff on them, and it has never come off. Beats soldering.
By the way, it does not work in reverse on the rivet end. At first I
thought it was because it was not heavy enough, but then I grasped (thank
you once again, Vern)
that it is not weight that is critical at the rivet end, but reed
stiffness, which solder can do, but Blu-tak cannot.
RD